Mother's Day is around the corner so I really wanted to do a gift guide, focused around the kinds of gifts I know my mom loves. I thought about doing this blog post since before I started the blog because ever since I remember its like a tradition of both of my brothers to come to me and steal my ideas for Mother's Day. In probably the past five years I have been trying to think of at least two to three different concepts of gifts we can pamper her with, because sometimes they really have no clue.
Our family tradition is to celebrate Mother's Day mainly on May 10, as this is Mexican Mother's Day. We almost always celebrate both the second Sunday of May (which is Mother's day here in the U.S.) and May 10 but we pamper my mom more on May 10. That is the day she prefers to celebrate.
It can be a bit challenging to find a gift that she doesn't already have and will love, so we often just go with safe things that we know she loves. We know that her favorite gifts are skincare, perfumes and family memories like pictures in different forms. Below I want to share her current favorites for skincare, as well as her favorite perfumes and personalized gifts I want to order.
Favorite Exfoliators/ Scrubs
- Origins GinZing™ Refreshing Scrub Cleanser
- Refining Body Exfoliator (also found at Marshall's sometimes)
Favorite Eye Creams
- Shiseido WHITE LUCENT Brightening Protective Cream W
- Dr. Jart Water Drop Hydrating Moisturizer
- Origins GinZing™ Energy-Boosting Moisturizer
- Neutrogena Visibly Even Moisturizer
- Ponds Clarant B3 (Found at Walmart, Target)
- Principal Secret Advanced Continuous Moisture (Not pictured but her favorite) I cannot find it anywhere but on eBay
- Shiseido BENEFIANCE WrinkleResist24 Day Emulsion (also not pictured)
Love this Mug found it on Etsy
This year I will be making a little basket for her where I will include:
- Lancome Génifique Eye Youth Activating Eye Concentrate
- Tatcha The Water Cream (Its new I want her to try it, I have heard great things about it)
- Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair
- Avocado oil Facial Soap (Have to look for one she buys hers at Ross or Marshall's)
- Photo Book or Photo Blanket (can't decide yet)
- Coffee Mug (she loves her coffee) more Here
If your mom likes skincare I highly recommend the products above. My mom doesn't wear any make up other than mascara, eyeliner, lipstick and brow gel, ever! Everyone always asks her for her secret to maintain great and youthful looking skin. There are of course a lot of other products that she has used before but the ones I shared are her favorites.
I wish a very Happy Mother's Day to every mom out there.